Monday, January 26, 2009

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday to everyone. Talk about a busy weekend. I hardly had time to relax, but it pretty fun. To start things off on Friday night I went to hear some friends, an R & B band, being featured at a lounge here in town. The show was great and best of all the BF plays the keys, does production, and is the musical director of the group. It was a double header with his go-go band playing the majority of the night. Having gone to college in D.C, hearing the band brought back memories.

Nothing dramatic on the make up for the night…but this was my eye look. I used some of the colors from my MAC smokey eye palette (satin taupe on the lid, scant as a highlight, and a no name reddish brown color from another palette in the crease) and a new mascara I recently purchased called Glam’ Eyes by Rimmel London. I was drawn to the packaging…a sophisticated looking pink and black tube with cute diamond patterns on the handle…not to mention the cute pink wand. So I had to try it. Here’s the description from Rimmel.

Seductive Volume. Turn heads. New VolumFlex Brush styles lashes for sensational volume and instant separation. Ultra supple elasto-bristles groom each lash, lacquering them from root to tip for a spectacular 7 x more lash intensity. Big Lash Seduction. High Definition. Maximum lash impact. Impeccable definition. Smoothing formula glides through lashes, wrapping each one for ultimate volume yet perfect separation. Lashes look dramatically amplified yet sleekly defined - even up close and personal.


For me I really like how it darkened, separated, and most importantly lengthened my lashes without leaving clumps. I layered it on pretty thick and it wouldn’t clump for anything. It costs a little more than my normal Great Lash, but I definitely worth the extra dollar or two.


Photobucket
Photobucket

Saturday I went to judge the runway part of an audition for a pageant for girls. I have to admit I was very impressed with the talent I saw.

And Sunday, I helped was the make up artist for a photo shoot put together by the owner of a hair salon. I made up four ladies and everyone loved their look. I will post pics as soon as I get them. Have a great week!

5 comments:

MakeupByRenRen said...

sounds like a busy weekend! i can't wait to see the pictures of the makeup you did. joy and i worked a makeup bar this weekend...next time i have a bigger group, i'm definitely counting you in! let's all 3 do lunch!

Eclecticldy said...

Yes, I'd love to be counted in. I know you guys' work was hot. And I am always down for doing lunch!

MakeupByRenRen said...

hey chica,

i'm waiting for robyn from the beauty supply place to email me her info, she was out of town this weekend and i texted her and i'll send you the info once she emails me :)...i'm going to try and plan a lunch!

Eclecticldy said...

That would be great. I am sure you know some great places...can't wait :)

MakeupByRenRen said...

are you free for lunch/brunch on sunday with joy and I?

Sponsored Links